Coronavirus – Stay Calm and remember to breathe
As concern about the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) increases, we all need to take precautions to protect the health and wellbeing of our community. Here at Holistic Bodyworks, we are committed to ensuring the safety of you and our team.
We are open for business as usual, we are just taking additional measures to keep our clinic clean, safe and healthy, with additional daily cleaning of frequently touched areas and equipment and daily laundering of our towels and cloths.
We are continuing to follow the expert guidance of the Federal Government and the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS).
What is the DHHS saying about Coronavirus?
COVID-19 spreads through close contact with an infected person; mostly face-to-face or within a household where direct contact with the body fluids of a confirmed case can occur. It cannot jump across a room or be carried for long distances in the air so we should all go about our lives as normal.
We should however, carry out practices to slow the spread of the coronavirus which include:
- regular washing of hands
- covering your cough and sneeze
- try not to touch eyes/mouth/nose
- wearing a mask if you have any respiratory symptoms
What can you do to help?
1. Maintain good personal hygiene both at home and in public spaces.
- Hand sanitisers are located throughout our clinic, in the waiting room, the Pilates studio, and in all the treatment rooms. Please ensure that you use it before AND after your treatment.
- You are welcome to wash your hands before and after your treatment. In addition to our regular bathroom, please feel free to utilise the sink in the kitchen.
2. Know the symptoms
Many people who contract COVID–19 will suffer only mild symptoms. However, early indications are that the elderly and people with pre-existing medical conditions are more at risk of experiencing severe symptoms. The common symptoms include:
- Breathing difficulties such as breathlessness
- Sore throat
- Fatigue or tiredness
If you’re feeling unwell, have a cough, fever or sore throat or just feel a bit under the weather, please call the clinic on 95703388 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to attending your appointment.
If you wake up feeling unwell and decide it’s best to stay away, please email or leave a message on 9570 3388. You will not be charged for treatments you cancel due to illness or concern about your symptoms.
3. Stay well
Now, more than ever, it is important to stay fit and healthy and be kind to your body!!
Supporting and nourishing your immune system could be a great way to make sure it is in tip top shape. Ways to support your immune system are;
- Take a deep breath in….and…..out. Decreasing stress is the first step to a healthy immune system.
- Be a hydration station. Staying well hydrated not only supports the immune system, but it also keeps the other bodily systems functioning properly
- Maintain your general health by exercising and stretching regularly and when necessary seeking advice from your Osteopath or General Practitioner.
- Supplement the immune system with the essential vitamins for healthy immune function
Beef, liver, eggs, shrimp, fish, fortified milk, sweet potatoes, carrots, pumpkins, spinach, mangoes
Citrus fruit, potatoes, broccoli, capsicum, spinach, strawberries, blueberries, tomatoes, Brussels sprouts
Fortified milk and cereals, fatty fish
Vegetables oils, leafy green vegetables, whole grains, nuts
Whole grains and milk products, oysters, red meat, poultry, baked beans, chickpeas, and nuts (such as cashews and almonds)
A beautiful immune boosting herb and also a great overall tonic if you are tired and run down, found in teas, capsules and tablets.
- Nourish the immune system by increasing your intake of the following:
- Prebiotic Rich Foods – slightly under-ripe bananas, raw garlic, raw and cooked onion, Jerusalem artichoke, legumes, flaxseeds, asparagus (prebiotics are the fuel source for our good bacteria)
- Probiotic Rich Foods – sauerkraut, kimchi, kombucha, kefir, miso, yoghurt (make sure to choose unsweetened natural yoghurt)
- Keep the following to a minimum;
- Processed foods
- Refined sugars
For more information visit the Department of Health and Human Services DHHS website below;
Or The Victorian Department of Health and Human Services has a hotline for public information on COVID-19 which is 1800 675 398
Take care from everyone at the Holistic Bodyworks team! xx