Detox Benefits by Naturopath Magda Nowakowski in Oakleigh South
THE BENEFITS OF DETOXIFICATION
Spring time is finally here and you may been seeing the words, “detox” or “cleanse” popping up.
Traditionally, cleanses and detoxes have been undertaken in Spring. Why Spring? This is the ideal time to give your body a break from all the heavier warming and comforting winter foods.
If we look at the vegetables that are in season, in winter we have our starchy, heavier root vegetables. In spring, we find more leafy greens and lighter vegetables. So makes sense that we naturally cleanse at this time.
What other reasons are there for a cleanse?
- To give our digestive system some respite. We eat lighter, more easily digested foods to give our digestive system a rest after a winter of eating more starchy and fatty foods;
- To remove stored toxins from the body. Toxins can come from many places and the usual area our body stores toxins is in our adipose tissue (i.e., fat cells). Detoxification can gently release these toxins via the digestive system, kidneys and skin. Toxins can come from places such as our environment (e.g., car fumes, smog), foods (e.g., pesticides, herbicides, additives, preservatives, colourings, heavy metals) or our home (e.g., cleaning products, plastics, cosmetics)
- To nourish ourselves. You may have gone through a period of not eating well. Not eating enough fruit or fresh vegetables. Perhaps there has been some dabbling in some extra coffee, sugary foods and/or alcohol. Moving away from these to nutrient rich foods will help your body feel great again
What benefits will I see from a cleanse?
- Brighter eyes
- Clearer skin
- More energy
- Clearer thinking and no more foggy brain
- More motivation
- Less sluggishiness and more vibrancy
- A few less of those extra winter kilos
Spring is a time of renewal, why not renew yourself?
Our Naturopath, Magda’s Cleanse Package is now available!
Let her guide you through a 4 week detox journey, with support at every step of the way.
The package contains ;
- 2 consultations (at beginning and end)
- 2 phone call during your cleanse
- 3 supplements to support all aspects of detoxification
- an individualised herbal mix to support your unique self
- a beautiful herbal detox tea
- 4 weeks of meal plans and recipes- all the work is done for you!
Learn to create new dishes, a new way of eating and gain health that you can take into your future.
The total cost of the program is only $498! If your private health insurance covers Naturopathy, you can claim your 2 consultations.
For more on healthy eating read Magda’s blog on:
seasonal eating https://www.holisticbodyworks.com.au/2018/05/21/seasonal-eating/
and super foods https://www.holisticbodyworks.com.au/2018/03/05/super-foods/